May 8, 2017
The Akamai Connector for Varnish has been ﬁnely tuned to integrate tightly with the Akamai Intelligent Platform to help Varnish administrators realize an easy way to use the two complementary technologies for maximum beneﬁt. Joint Akamai and Varnish customers can benefit from:
- Reduced costs associated with elimination of redundant work entering conﬁguration details in multiple systems.
- Avoid errors attributable to mismatched conﬁgurations across local and Akamai environments.
- Improve accuracy of conﬁguration optimizations for core Akamai features.
- Increase operational efﬁciency via a single user interface.
- Automatically signal the effects of cache rule changes to Akamai
- Mark responses as cacheable or non-cacheable
- Mark responses with downstream cacheability
- Defer ESI execution when needed
- Translate “stale-while-revalidate” requests to utilize Akamai’s Edge Control & prefresh capabilities
- Automatically synchronize purge requests with Akamai
- Create cache consistency between the Varnish instance at origin and the remote Akamai Edge server
- If a script or system purges the Varnish cache locally, the Connector synchronously initiates the same purge request to Akamai
- Ensure core operational elements are conﬁgured properly
- Conﬁguration of SureRoute test object
- Ensure persistent connections are set to the proper timing
- Ensure logging of TrueClient IP values is enabled
Learn more about the Akamai Connector for Varnish.
Request access for the connector.