You can create documents in Jive or upload documents from outside of Jive, such as Microsoft Office documents or Adobe PDFs.
To create a new document:
- Click Create > Document.
- Choose a place to post your document.
- To create a personal document click the Your Documents link.
- To start your document in a group, space or project, choose a place from the Your recently selected places list, or click the Browse for more places link. Choose a place from one of the drop-down menus, or search for a place using the Search field.
- Enter a title for your document in the field at the top.
- Enter content into the content field. You can format your text however you'd like, or insert videos, images, hyperlinks, emoticons, and tables.
- Spellcheck your document or view your content in HTML by clicking the icons in the upper right corner of the content field.
- To attach files to your document, click the Browse button beneath the content field, and select the files you want to upload.
- Add relevant tags to your document so it is easily searchable. You can choose from a list of popular tags or write your own.
- If you've created a personal document, choose an option under Visibility to allow others to view your document.
- Click Collaboration Options to choose people who can edit your document. Select a radio button that corresponds to the option you'd like. To add only specific people, enter their names into the text field, or click the Select People link to the right of the text field to choose people within your community.
- If you don't choose any collaboration options before you publish your document, the default settings are used. This means anyone who has access to the place where you posted your document can view it, edit it, or comment on it.
- To choose users who must approve your document for publication, enter their names into the text field, or click the Select People link to the right of the text field to choose people within your community.
- Select an option under the Comment Policy section to allow or disallow comments or to set up moderation.
- Click the Save and Continue button to save your work as you go along. Click the Save Draft button to save a draft of your document so you can work on it later, or click the Cancel button to discard your document or any changes you made since you last saved it.
- When you are ready to post your document, click the Publish button.
- Once your document is posted, you can manage it using the Actions menu on the right.
- NEW - you can also "share" your document to another place(s) by clicking on the share button.