Describes how to configure LinuxMint 16+ and Ubuntu 13.10+ to play Adobe Access protected (PHDS) streams.
- Adobe Access protected content (PHDS) requires the 'hal' (Hardware Abstraction Layer) package to be installed on Ubuntu and LinuxMint platforms.
- HAL has been replaced with udev since Ubuntu 13.10 ("Saucy Salamander") / LinuxMint 16("Petra") and is not available. However, there is a PPA that does have HAL for these platforms. Just run the following commands : $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mjblenner/ppa-hal
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install hal
- Google Chrome has 'PepperFlash' integrated, and will not play PHDS streams. See link to enable the system Flash Player 11.2 in Chrome, but it is easier to just use Firefox.
- Testing :
- Go to Adobe's test player
- Enter the following URL for the video : http://drmtest2.adobe.com:8080/Content/anonymous.f4v
- Press [Play]. You should see messages about updating/loading Adobe Access licenses, and then the video (Getty "train") should start to play.