This article contains information on how to prepare mp4 files for on-demand streaming with Octoshape.
- Octoshape on-demand streaming/Netstorage account
- MP4 files to be uploaded
- Optimizing mp4 files for on-demand streaming
- Some mp4 file writers append the metadata (also known as the MOOV atom) at the end of the mp4 file. This means that the entire file must be downloaded before playback can begin, as playback cannot begin before the metadata is received. The metadata can be moved to the beginning of the file with tools such as MP4creator.
- An mp4 file can be optimized for streaming with mp4creator by using the following command:
mp4creator.exe -optimize filename.mp4
- Article from Adobe on mp4 files and rtmp streaming: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/video/articles/mp4_movie_atom.html
- MP4creator: http://mp4creator.sourceforge.net/