Terms and Use for the Akamai Community
Think of the Akamai Community like a technical conference. Please act professionally. Please engage in informal but professional conversations like you would at a talk, session, or in the hall at a technical meeting. You must use your real name and affiliation to identify yourself, just like you would have on a conference name badge. While participants strive to be useful, conversations held here are NOT formal channels of support and are not guaranteed by Akamai in any way. Please regard the community like a conference host, which is not responsible for discussions in the meeting hall.
- Be respectful of your fellow collaborators.
- Don't abuse the forums.
- No illegal, harmful, or offensive use or content.
- No advertising. No spam.
- Stay on topic.
- Don't expose any information that is a potential security compromise to you, to your company, or to Akamai. (See Moderation / Ban criteria below)
- Remember, most areas in the community show public-facing information.
- Portions of this site include user-generated content and advice. You'll find an abundance of helpful content here, but be aware that your situation, configuration, or implementation will be different from others.
- Help look after your community. If you notice content within the community that does not abide by these guidelines, please click the Report Abuse link to report it to our moderators. The community is here for the benefit and enjoyment of members like you, and we appreciate your help maintaining high standards that benefit everyone.
- NO TROLLING OR FLAME WARS. Trolling and/or attempting to bait others into a flame war will not be tolerated. Any posts we deem to do so will be deleted. Repeated violation will result in a permanent ban.
- POST IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM. Please read each forum space description before posting to ensure you are posting in the correct forum. Posts created in the wrong forum will be moved to the correct area.
- NO DUPLICATE OR REPEAT POSTS. If no one answers your question or responds to your post, please "bump" it rather than posting it again.
- USE APPROPRIATE TITLES.
- NO ADVERTISING/SPAM or SOLICITATION.
- This forum is here solely for the express purpose of supporting current and future users of Akamai technology. Posts advocating or denigrating the use of a competitor's product are deemed inappropriate and we reserve the right to delete such posts/threads at our sole discretion.
Moderation / Ban
- We reserve the right to moderate or ban users at our sole discretion.
- Guest Moderation will be validated using email addresses. Free email accounts like Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, etc. are not acceptable. A user should use his company email address to register.
- Akamai reserves the right to moderate any content it feels is inappropriate. The following content is particularly sensitive and likely to be moderated/archived:
- Customer or potential customer name
- Cross-link of Akamai customers or potential customers
- Proprietary information about Akamai products a customer may use
- Requests made to take an issue off-line
- Your use of, and participation in the Akamai Community and forums constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions of use. If you do not agree to the terms, do not use the website, community or participate in the forums or provide any materials to the website or view or download any materials from them.
- THE MATERIALS WITHIN THE COMMUNITY ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, AKAMAI DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON- INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE COMMUNITY IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF SUCH CONTENT.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Akamai, its agents, vendors or suppliers from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from or related to your use or misuse of the Community, including, without limitation, your violation of these Terms and Conditions, the infringement by you, or any other subscriber or user of your account, of any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity.
- Akamai reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice to you. Your continued use of the any aspect of the Akamai Community following any such change constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions as changed. We therefore encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions whenever you view or use the Akamai Community. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
The following additional terms apply to the Akamai Community:
- When you register with this forum, you must accurately represent yourself including your name, company affiliation and business email address. You will not impersonate any person or entity, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting. You may not claim to be a forum leader, moderator or host, or in any other way officially associated with this site unless granted that role by the site administrator.
- You will not knowingly post any information that is false, misleading or inaccurate.
- You will not use inappropriate language including profanity or any language that is abusive, threatening, hateful, sexually suggestive, sexually oriented, obscene, or attacks another member.
- You will respect other people's right to personal privacy and will not post personal information about another person including names or contact information without their expressed permission.
- You will post information relevant to the topic area of the forum. You will not post or upload any information that contains advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes or solicitations. You will not use these forums for the purpose of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys or other information designed to do harm or allow unlawful access to any computer or test system hardware or software, networs or other systems.
- You will not post copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You may post links to copyrighted material that is publicly available on sites and pages that the legal owners of the copyright have created in order to make the material freely available.
- You will not use these forums to violate any laws nor to discuss illegal activities.
- You will, if asked by a representative of these forums, cease posting any content or links to content deemed offensive or objectionable by the staff of the forums.
- Please note that content or opinions expressed by members of the Akamai Community are not necessarily those of Akamai. By using the Akamai Community you agree that Akamai is in no way responsible for the actions or comments of other members.
- Postings that do not meet the rules of this forum are subject to removal. You may be removed from these forums and future participation banned if you violate these rules.
- Akamai may remove any content at its sole discretion.
- Akamai may terminate access to this website at any time without cause or notice.
- Akamai Community is now powered by Microsoft Translator, a cloud-based machine translation service. Results of machine translation may not be accurate.
When registering for the community, you agree to be bound by these conditions.