In the Akamai Community, you may be invited by a member to join a group or you can request to become a member of a group. Some of the group types have different requirements before you become a member.
- When joining an existing group, you’ll see that there are four different privacy levels to determine who has access to view and contribute to the content of that group.
- Public groups are open to anyone to join. Anyone in your community can view and comment on content in Open groups without becoming a member. Open groups appear in search results and in the group directory.
- Public (Restricted) groups allow anyone to view content within them, vote on polls and ideas, attend events, create discussions, questions, and ideas. You must be invited by the group owner or by another member of the group, or you must click the Join this group button on the group page. Members can do everything non-members can do and also create all other content types.
- Private groups are groups where only members can create, view, or comment on content. You must be invited by the group owner or by another member of the group, or you must click the Ask to join this group button on the group page. The group owner must approve requests to join Private groups before you have access to the content. Private groups appear in search results and in the group directory.
- Private (Unlisted) groups are completely confidential. Only the members of the group know they exist. You must be invited to join an unlisted group. Unlisted groups do not appear to non-members when searched or browsed for.
- To join a Public or Public (Restricted) group, navigate to the group and click the Join this Group button in the top right corner of the group header.
- To join a Private group, navigate to the group. You will see a description and a button “Request access to this group”. Click that button and the group owner will review your request.
- Invitations to a group will be presented to you in your Inbox as a notification.
1 person found this helpful