Supported Media Players
|Media Player||Version||Other dependencies|
|hls.js||0.6.19 - 0.7.3||N/A|
|video.js - hls.js||5.6.0||hls.js v0.6.19|
|video.js MPEG-DASH||5.6.0||dash.js v2.4.0, videojs-contrib-dash v2.6.1|
Update: 22nd June 2017
A bug in MASDK v1.2.2 prevents playback of HLS streams with video.js v6 and later. This will be fixed in the future MASDK release.
Update: 28th March 2017
A bug introduced in hls.js v0.7.4 makes this version incompatible with MASDK. Please see bug report #1068 for further details.
|Media Player||SDK Location|
|video.js - hls.js||https://media-acceleration-host.akamaized.net/sdk/stable/1/videojs-hlsjs.min.js|
The SDK releases are versioned using semantic versioning, where each version is denoted by <major-version>.<minor-version>.<patch>.
- https://media-acceleration-host.akamaized.net/sdk/js/latest/<player>.min.js -- delivers the latest version of the SDK (stable or unstable). Not recommended for production.
- https://media-acceleration-host.akamaized.net/sdk/js/stable/<player>.min.js -- delivers the latest stable version of the SDK.
- https://media-acceleration-host.akamaized.net/sdk/js/stable/<major-version>/<player>.min.js -- delivers the latest stable version of the SDK for the specified major version. Recommended for production use.
- https://media-acceleration-host.akamaized.net/sdk/js/stable/<major-version>.<minor-version>/<player>.min.js -- delivers the latest stable version of the SDK for the specified major and minor version. Recommended for production use.
- https://media-acceleration-host.akamaized.net/sdk/js/<major-version>.<minor-version>.<patch>/<player>.min.js -- delivers the SDK for the specified version.
Specific SDK Locations for Version 1.2.2.
Running the Sample Players
- A web server
- A web browser (e.g., Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome)
To run the sample players, you need to deploy the sample players to a web server and point your browser to the sample players. Assuming your web server is running on port <PORT_NUMBER>, and you deployed the examples folder to the web server directory, browse to localhost:<PORT_NUMBER>/examples/<media-player>/ where <media-player> is one of the supported media players.