Please note that this version of Boomerang has a known issue with the History plug-in. Please contact SOASTA Support for more information
This release includes the following enhancements:
- XHR instrumentation uses ResourceTiming if available for more accurate performance metrics.
- ResourceTiming can be configured to clear the ResourceTiming entries after each beacon.
- Single Page App navigations now calculate Front-End (t_page) and Back-End (t_resp) metrics.
- Single Page App navigations can be configured to tell Boomerang to hold the SPA beacon until the page has completed other non-network activity.
- XHR instrumentation can be configured to send XHR beacons for every XHR, instead of combining them during SPA navigations.
- XHR instrumentation has a new optional snippet that helps instrument XHR before boomerang.js has been loaded.
- Single Page App navigations now include NavigationTiming and/or ResourceTiming metrics for hard and soft navigations.
- Support for Angular ui-router is now available.
- URLs captured via ResourceTiming are now limited to 1,000 characters.
- Support for React is now available.
- Other Single Page App is supported by using the window.History and onhashchange monitoring.
- ResourceTiming2 encoded, decoded, and transfer sizes are collected.
- Configurable option to override the name of the “RT” cookie is now available.
This release includes the following bug fixes:
- Issue 196: Fixes the t_done merging when two XHRs complete at the same time.
- Issue 214: Keep config.js refresh nodes around for one cycle to ensure that the browser does not remove them before they are executed.
- Issue 231: SPA navigations might wait indefinitely for IFRAMEs that were removed from the DOM.
- Issue 249: Do not fire a non-SPA beacon when SPA support is enabled.
- Issue 250: Wait for page onload before firing a SPA Hard Nav.
- Issue 260: Revert form.submit() behavior back to original style.
- Issue 271: Ensure we do not send bad t_page values from responseStart/responseEnd inversions on iOS.
- Issue 299: Fixes race condition with manual beacons.
- Issue 305: Wrap all sub-frame accesses in try/catch to avoid “Permission Denied” errors.
- Issue 307: Fixes XHR error codes were not being tracked in some cases.
- Issue 313: Fixes conflict with other third-party XHR instrumentation.
- Issue 315: SPA navigation beacons being sent when autorun=false for prerender.