As of 56.17, TouchTest supports CocoaPods, allowing you to statically instrument TouchTestDriver into an Xcode project using CocoaPods.
Manual Actions Before Instrumenting an iOS Project
Before instrumenting an iOS project, you must complete the following actions as CocoaPods will not do these for you.
- Create a launch URL.
- Go to Xcode project > Info tab > URL Types > URL Schemes. In URL Schemes, enter the launch URL you want to use.
- Add ATS.
- Go to Xcode project > Info tab > Custom iOS Target Properties. Under Key, add App Transport Security Settings and set YES to Allow Arbitrary Loads.
- Create mobile app object.
- Log into TouchTest, go to Mobile Apps and click the create new button. Use the Launch URL you put into Xcode project.
Instrument An iOS Project Using CocoaPods
An instrumentation method that uses CocoaPods is covered below.
- Install CocoaPods using:
- Navigate to your Xcode project directory and create a Podfile with smart defaults using the following CocoaPods:
- Add platform specification when creating a Podfile. The platform target should be 6.0 or above for TouchTest integration to work. Example below:
- Add the following line inside of your target in your Podfile:
- Run pod install in your Xcode project directory, and then open the Xcode workspace (*.xcworkspace). From this point forward, only open *.xcworkspace when you open this project in Xcode.
Now that you've instrumented your project using CocoaPods, you need to download TouchTest Agent and register your iOS device. Please find detailed instructions here.
Go to: TouchTest Onboarding