Deploy the following TouchTest® components on a desktop and on a Android device running 2.3.3 or later:
- The TouchTest® (or TouchTest® Lite instance) where the user has rights and will login to start recording.
- The TouchTest™ Agent; a per mobile device agent pointed at the same TouchTest®/Lite instance installed on the Android device. Instructions to install TouchTest Agent.
- The mobile app to test.
Configuring the Android Device
The Android Device must first be in Developer mode. The Developer Options section is not shown by default in Android device Settings. Use the following steps to enable Developer mode on the device:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About phone and then tap the list item labeled Build Number seven distinct times. After 3 taps, each tap shows a new toast message encouraging you to continue.
- In the device settings, tap Developer Options and check the USB Debugging box.
- In the device settings, tap Security and then tap to check the Unknown sources box.
Head's Up Display
Optionally, you can enable Android's built-in equivalent of TouchTest's Head's Up Display by using the following device steps:
- On the mobile device or simulator, go to Settings > Developer options.
- Enable Show touches.
- Enable Pointer location.
With Gradle, no additional utility downloads or separate build steps are necessary. This is because Gradle downloads the necessary JAR files, builds and the Android app, and creates the corresponding mobile app object in the Central > Mobile Apps list.
Without Gradle, you need the MakeAppTouchTestable (MATT) Utility, which is downloaded from the TouchTest, Resources page, to modify the Android project or the compiled APK. You can find instructions on downloading here
If you are using Gradle, your next step will be to use the Gradle Plugin. Please find detailed instructions on integrating the Gradle Plugin here. For those not using Gradle, your next step will be to download the MATT Utility from the Resources page of your CloudTest instance. Click here for detailed instructions on retrieving the MATT Utility.
Go to: TouchTest Onboarding