Both the HTTP and HTTPS Recording screens display a Filter icon in the upper right hand corner. This filter acts similarly for both HTTP and HTTPS, but the options for HTTP are more extensive. To create a filter for your recording, please follow these steps:
- Use your browser to navigate to the SOASTA CloudTest Repository page and select the recording desired. If you have just completed a recording and you already have the recording displaying in your browser you can skip this step.
- Click the Filter icon in the upper right hand corner of the Recording screen.
- On the left hand side of the screen are two dropdown lists and an edit box. The first dropdown list allows you to select the type of data you wish to use for filtering, the middle dropdown box allows you to select a comparison operation (examples: Contains, Does Not Contain) and the edit box allows you to enter a comparison value. In the example, we’re creating a filter that will find messages with URLs with png in them that also contain apple in the host name.
- If you wish to add additional filtering items, click the + button on the right hand side of the screen. You may set as many filter items as you like.
- If you create a filter that you wish to delete, click the - button on the right hand side of the screen.
- Once you have created all of the filters you wish, click the Apply button on the right hand side. This establishes the filter.
- Once the filter is applied, the filters will be used to display only the network traffic that meets the filtering criteria you have set.