Setup HP Cloud as a Cloud Provider
In CloudTest Pro/Enterprise, an additional Cloud Provider Accounts node appears at Central > Cloud. Users with Cloud Provider Accounts can use this node to configure those accounts for use in testing for use with CloudTest Pro.
When Central > Cloud > Cloud Provider Accounts is selected, the Cloud Provider Accounts list shows all currently configured cloud provider accounts.
Use the following steps to enter your valid HP Cloud credentials as a CloudTest Pro/Enterprise Cloud Provider Account./p>
- Select Central > Cloud Provider Accounts and then click New to launch the Cloud Provider Account dialog box.
- Enter a name for the account. This name is used in locations and also appears in the Cloud Provider Account drop-down in the Grid Manager and in Locations.
- This name will be populated to the Cloud Provider Account field in the Grid Manager (as well as the automatically created Location(s) that correspond to this Windows Azure account).
- Change the “Type” drop-down to “HP Cloud”. The dialog box changes to reflect the available HP Cloud key and tenant fields.
- Check the Can launch grids box to enable grid use for this account and/or check the Can launch RSDBS box if this account will be also launch additional result database servers.
- Browse to locate the API Certificate file for upload.
To find your API key,
- Log in to the HP Cloud management portal.
- Locate your API Keys information and enter it in the corresponding Cloud Provider Account field (shown above).
- You can optionally configure an access control list to restrict which CloudTest users are able to launch HP Cloud servers with this account. This step is not required if you are the only CloudTest user that will be launching servers.
- To configure an access control list:
- Select the CloudTest user you want to grant access to in the drop-down at the bottom of the dialog.
- Click the Add button.
- A new row will appear in the list above the drop-down.
- To allow the user to view the Cloud Provider Account object (but not necessarily use it), check the Read box. Note that even with this box checked, the user will notbe able to view secure information (such as storage access keys).
- To allow the user to modify, delete, or re-name the Cloud Provider Account, check the Write box.
- To allow the user to launch new servers using this Cloud Provider Account, check the Use box.
- Repeat steps a-f for each CloudTest user that you want to grant access to.
- Click OK to complete configuration of the Cloud Provider Account. The account information will be validated by issuing calls to HP Cloud. If the credentials are invalid, a warning will be shown. You can choose to go back and correct the credentials, or continue.
- After the Cloud Provider Account is saved, a new Location will be created forthe HP Cloud. This location must be specified during Grid Manager configuration of grids. For more information about Locations, refer to Using Locations.
Once the account is configured (for any cloud provider), add users and/or tenants via the Security section of the Cloud Provider Account dialog box.
Configure permissions per User / Tenant. Each user (per tenant) can have Read, Write, and Propagate access control permissions.
The user/tenant can view the Cloud Provider Account but not edit or execute tests.
The user/tenant can view and edit the Cloud Provider Account.
The user/tenant can view, edit, and use the Cloud Provider Account to launch Grids and Results Databases.
Click Add to include users or tenants in the Security list and then configure permissions per user or tenant.
Note: Once configured, the Cloud Provider Account name is specified prior to runtime via the Grid Manager > Server Instances page.
If the wrong credentials are used here deployments in the Grid Manager that use this cloud provider account will fail.