In many corporate settings, a proxy server regulates traffic from one side of the corporate firewall to another. SOASTA Conductor supports both SOCKS and HTTP proxy servers. Conductor offers configuration options to specify SOASTA services installed in non-default locations, as well as to name specific SOASTA tenants.
There are two basic scenarios that require the use of Conductor proxy services:
- CloudTest hosted environment with test sites inside a firewall
In this scenario, your organization is using the hosted edition of SOASTA CloudTest, and your network configuration requires that you use a proxy to access our server. However, you might be creating HTTP(S) recordings, or WebUI tests, against web sites that are inside your network. For these internal sites, you may need to bypass the proxy.
- SOASTA appliance inside firewall with test sites outside the firewall
In this scenario, CloudTest is inside the firewall, while test sites are outside the firewall. Additionally, there may be services such as Coordinator installed on additional machines. These must be specified, if so, and added to the bypass list if a corporate proxy is in use.
The SOASTA Conductor's Proxy Configuration section supports the following settings:
- Do not use a proxy (this is the default)
- SOCKS Proxy Configuration
- HTTP Proxy Configuration
- Specify Web Service locations for SOASTA Coordinator URL and SOASTA Repository URL
- SOASTA CloudTest Tenant
Configuring a SOCKS or HTTP Proxy
- To configure a proxy click the radio button for either proxy type (SOCKS or HTTP) .
- Enter the proxy server address.
- Enter the proxy server port.
As noted above, some environments require the use of a proxy to support the use of a firewall. Your IT department should be able to tell you the Proxy server and port if this setting is necessary. If you do need to set up a proxy configuration, you will need to enter the proxy server name and port number in the appropriate boxes.
- If required, enter the proxy server user name and password.
- In the Bypass proxy for field, specify any server in a comma-delimited list of IP addresses (or host names) to be excluded from the proxy. In either the hosted scenario or the appliance scenario from above, this would be a list of any appliance, service, or other internal site to be accessed for recording.
Discovering the HTTP Proxy Listener Port
The default HTTP proxy listener port is 4440. If you have configured an HTTP client, such as an iPhone, and it is not performing as expected this may be due to a non-standard HTTP listener port. You can inspect or modify the HTTP listener port for a Conductor installation by opening the Conductor Setup and examining the HTTPS recording port in the Capabilities section. Ensure that the iPhone Safari port is using the same port that Conductor is using.
See SOASTA Conductor Capabilities for more information.