Repeats can be set on messages, browser actions, as well as on collections, using the instructions below.
Set Repeats (Repeat By) on a Message/Action from Icon View
- Select the message or action in the Clip Editor workspace.
- Right click and choose Add Repeat.
A single repeat is added to the message or action by default.
- Click the repeat number to edit it.
To set repeats by property (Repeat By Property, For Each, While) or to set Infinite repeats, use the instructions in the following section.
Specify Repeats on a Message or Browser Action Using Lower Panel Properties
- Double-click a message or browser action to load it into the lower panel of the SOASTA CloudTest Clip Editor. When you do so the Message or Action opens in its own properties tab on the tab row below. The tab title is the name of the message or action selected above.
- Select the Repeat tab.
- Check Enable Repeat.
- Choose a Repeat Method from the drop down menu. Options are
Repeat By Property,
Repeat By is chosen, the Repeat Count field will become enabled so you can enter the number of times the message or browser action should repeat.
Specifying Repeats on Collections
To cause a collection to repeat, right click its icon (or its row in List view), and then select Add Repeat from the menu.
Set Repeat Properties on a Collection
The following instructions detail how to set For each, While, or Repeat By Property on a collection.
- Right-click the selected collection and then select Edit Properties, or, double-click to open the lower panel.
In either case, the selection’s Properties tab is selected in the sub-pane below with the clip element selected in the Properties list and the General tab selected on the right.
- Click the Repeat tab.
- Check Enable Repeat.
- Set the Repeat Type (shown on right above). Locate the corresponding instructions by type below for further instructions.
Setting Repeats for Repeat By
For Repeat By, the repeat fields shown on the right are displayed.
- Specify the repeat timing type as either parallel or serial. Note that serial may appear inactive if the clip timing type is Sequenced.
- Specify the repeat count, or number of times to play, as an integer.
- Specify a start interval in milliseconds in order to stagger repeat starts.
Specifying a Property for Repeat By Property, For Each, or While
For Repeat By Property, For Each, or While it is only necessary to specify the path for the given property.
- To do so, double click the blue border around [not specified] (or a previously set property) to access the Property Chooser box.
The Property Chooser dialog box appears. Since a collection is the current selection, the fields displayed pertain to a collection. If custom properties are defined, they appear in the Container Properties section at the top. For example, the page below has one defined custom property, pageProp.
- Locate the property to set in the Container Properties list or, if the property is not local to the selection, check The property is not local to this container.
- If The property is not local to this container is checked, choose the type of property from among Custom, Global, or System.
- If The property is not local to this container is checked, choose the starting element from among Composition, Current Band, Current Track, Current Clip, Current Target, Current Chain, Current Group, Current Page, or Current Message.
- Specify a required property path to the property. If Steps 3-4 were performed, only the name of the property is required. For example, if the selection is in a clip that has a custom property, wpName, then that name can be entered here.
Note: The syntax used here can’t be used to execute a script — you can only enter a Property Path.
- Click OK. The property path is inserted.
Note: You can specify any type of property for use with repeats on clip elements: Custom, System, or Global, although custom properties will probably be most commonly used.