Akamai Community Elite Customers are customers who have joined the online Akamai Community and offer their time and support, benefit by participating in activities such as asking and answering questions, marking content helpful, and/or becoming a thought leader using your influence to gain a significant number of followers throughout a calendar year.
An Akamai Community Elite Customer actively shares their accomplishments and activities in their public profiles in the Akamai Community and social networks making it easy for other community members to connect, engage, and learn more about them and their contributions.
Akamai Community Elite Customer qualifications:
Actively advocates for Akamai within the community and beyond.
- Uses social media channels (blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, podcasting, etc.) to drive awareness to community topics and events
- Helps Akamai share the success of the Akamai Community by providing quotes, success stories, and/or videos that can be shared on the community and used for promotion at Akamai Edge and other conferences
- Promotes within their own company to encourage continued use of the Akamai Community within public forum areas and within their private account group to improve collaboration
- Explores ways to reach outside the current community sphere to spread to new audiences.
- Participates in the Elite private group to develop other ideas on how to become better evangelists
Shares their Akamai knowledge and expertise and actively engages with other community members.
- Routinely participates in the Akamai Community by asking and answering questions
- Shares expertise through commenting and replying
- Shares knowledge by creating discussions on best practices, lessons learned, and other topics of interest to our members
- Provides feedback by marking “helpful” or “liking” content
- Provides feedback and suggestions on product usability and documentation
- Participates in their private account group
- Helps Akamai improve on products and solutions by actively participating in beta programs, usability studies, and other types of research in the community
- Connects with the community by following places and members
- Earns a minimum of 1,000 points in a calendar year*
*The first 2017 Award will be based on a cumulative score through 9/30/2017 of a minimum of 1,000 points. Points may change in each term, but will be fixed for the 2017 and 2018 awards.
Helps to grow and nurture the Akamai community.
- Communicates honestly, openly, professionally, and respectfully (for example, keeps private conversations private or complies with NDAs)
- Starts, leads and/or participates in events, i.e. Ask the Expert
- Regularly participates in the Akamai Community Elite Member group on to help implement new and innovative ways of growing the community
- Helps mentor new community members in their company and drives them participate within the community
- Guides community members, so they know how to leverage information in the community (that is, help new people know where to go for help)
- Participates in, or leads discussions to encourage sustained community activity and contributions
Benefits of being an Akamai Community Elite Customer
- Special visibility and recognition in the online Akamai Community. The profiles of Elite Customers have special designations with a unique icon on their profile picture and next to each of your content.
- Access to an exclusive private Elite member online group
- Recognition at the Edge Conference
- An Akamai Community Elite Member badge administered through the Akamai open badge program, which allows you to display a verified digital credential to use in social media and networking sites (for example, LinkedIn)
Duration of the Akamai Community Elite Customer Status