We launched the Akamai Community at EDGE 2014 and it is now officially 1 year old - Happy Birthday!!
Launching our Akamai Community has been a win-win-win. It makes our customers happier because they can find the information they need in their own time. It makes our services and support teams scale better as customers are able to help themselves. And it makes our sales teams excited to see their customers getting connected to others in their industry to learn best practices from each other.
Akamai Community by the numbers:
- Launched in October, 2014, Opened to Guests, April, 2015
- 8,500+ registered members globally
- Most popular search term: http2
- Most popular communities: Web Performance, Akamai Developer Community, Media Delivery, & Cloud Security
- 3,680 Average Daily Unique Views
- 5,800+ pieces of content
- 300 new topics per month
- Geographic traffic split: 50% America’s, 20% EMEA, 30% Asia-Pacific
- Over 300 places to discuss Akamai products and technology
- 95% of questions have responses
- ~300 Events - including several “Ask The Expert” Sessions.
Who are the Akamai Community members?
What are the customer’s saying about Akamai Community?
“The Akamai Community has been a great addition to Akamai’s support offerings and has improved our customer experience by facilitating interaction with our fellow Akamai customers and Akamai’s staff” John St. Georges, Symantec Corporation
“I’m pleased to be a part of the Akamai community, it is a fantastic collaborative tool to work with my Akamai contacts, share material and learn more about what Akamai has to offer” Mal Hubert, BT Technology Service & Operations
“The Akamai community site has proven to be a fantastic way to network with experts in the industry, find solutions to complex problems, as well as understand new features we haven't previously utilized.” Mike Gartner, Amway
What’s NEW in the Community?
- Akamai Knowledge Base Articles now exclusively available for customers, partners and employees! All externally facing Salesforce Knowledge Base articles are available in the community and sync’ed every 30 minutes to stay up-to-date. This added an additional 1700 documents in the community to promote knowledge sharing and self-service! We look forward to our customers and partners commenting and rating the articles.
- Akamai University - Akamai University, an education platform open to all customers of Akamai Technologies interested in learning about Akamai Products and Solutions. Julie will you update this when you get the space ready.
- Easier Login directly from the LUNA Homepage.
Stay tuned for another exciting year for the Akamai Community! If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.