2015 was a very successful year for the Akamai Community! The Community has grown to over 10,000 members who collaborate in both the public forums and private account groups. 900+ thought leadership blogs were written by our Akamai Experts and regular “Ask the Expert” events were held in 2015. There is exclusive content for our customers and partners, such as our Knowledge Base Articles, and the community is now available to guests as of April 2015. Check out the progress to-date, new functionality added in 2015 and what’s planned for 2016.
2015 Progress by the numbers for 2015:
- 10,500 registered members globally to-date
- Most popular communities:
- Web Performance
- Developer Community
- Media Delivery
- Most popular open groups:
- Korea User Group
- Women In Technology
- Tech Meetup - JP
- 200 + Private Account Groups for Customers and Partners
- 3 + Million Views
- 7,075 pieces of content - including 1707 Knowledge Base Articles (exclusive for customers and partners
- Geographic traffic split: 50% America’s, 20% EMEA, 30% Asia-Pacific
- 96% of questions have responses
- What’s New in Web Performance?
- Quarterly State of the Internet Sessions
- John Dilley - Security Products and Strategy
- Will Law - Media Delivery
- High Performance Images
If you have a topic that you are interested in please contact email@example.com
Thought Leadership / Blogs
Here are the top 5 blogs for 2015. Be sure you follow the author for future blogs.
- Some of the New Communities added in 2015:
- Akamai Knowledge Base Articles now exclusively available for customers, partners and employees! All externally facing Salesforce Knowledge Base articles are available in the community and sync’ed every 30 minutes to stay up-to-date. This added an additional 1700 documents in the community to promote knowledge sharing and self-service! We look forward to our customers and partners commenting and rating the articles.
- Akamai University - Akamai University, an education platform open to all customers of Akamai Technologies interested in learning about Akamai Products and Solutions. Julie will you update this when you get the space ready.
- Easier Login directly from the LUNA Homepage.
What’s Planned for 20162016 is going to be another exciting year for the Akamai Community - we have quite a bit planned to help our customers and partners manage and support your Akamai solutions and services!
Layout & NavigationAs part of the migration to a Cloud environment we are refreshing our overall look & feel, and improving the navigation for an even better customer experience. This is planned for a late Q1 roll-out. Can’t wait for you to see it!!
New Features & FunctionalityWith the migration to the Cloud there will be many, many new features that will be implemented. Here are just a few of the 80 new features:
- News Streams: Refocuses the community around a News Page that is designed to deliver content tailored to each individual. Important company communications combine with custom streams that users can configure to create their tailored News View.
- Follow a Tag: Users will be able to follow tags in customs streams. You currently can follow places or people… but this will give you the opportunity to follow a specific topic / tag.
- Role Badges: Easy to identify the role of the member - customer, partner, guest or employee
- What’s New for Solutions and Services
- More Industry Focused Communities
- Additional Private Account Groups for Customers & Partners - do you have a group yet? If not, ask your akamai account rep to get one created?
New Strategic Programs
- Enhanced Gamification & Rewards
- Support Case Functionality
- Partner Engagement
- Community Advocates Program & Recognition
We would appreciate your feedback on the Akamai Community by taking a very short 5 question survey.
Stay tuned for another exciting year for the Akamai Community! If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.