A marketer asked me how she can check if a certain web site has RWD(Responsive Web Design) functionalities or not.
But the problem is that she had a domain list which included over 20K web sites!
As the previous two services are only providing outs after a web site domain name is input, the services were useless.
I thought that we need an automatic way to get a satisfied test result that's why I coded https://github.com/BrandonKang/CDN-Tools/blob/master/rwdcheck.js
The algorithm in it is very simple.
The general Mobile/RWD applied web sites has below properties.
1) They redirects to m dot site. ex) www.example.com redirects to m.example.com
2) They redirects to /m/ paths which means mobile transformed pages ex) www.example.com redirects to www.example.com/m/
3) After applying genuine RWD, they don't redirect but they have some domain and path. instead, some magics in HTML source codes are found
- It has @media queries or,
- it has row-fluid functions or,
- it has viewport tags, or
After thinking of 1), 2), and 3), I coded RWD checker with Node.js. (to be honest, it is not 100% perfect as the other algorithms should be inserted someday..)
You can see above algorithms are applied after you look at the codes in CDN-Tools/rwdcheck.js at master · BrandonKang/CDN-Tools · GitHub
It need a domain.txt file which has web site domains list in row.
Then, the outputs in console screen will be like this. It has comma(,) separator to make cvs file style.
You can easily import a cvs file and export it to the xlsx file to make a report
Hope this tool is helpful to someone.