Support for Flash in DFP is deprecated. This deprecation is consistent with the actions of all major browsers, including Chrome, which are phasing out the use of Flash technologies in favor of HTML5. HTML5 is not only available on more devices, but it also offers improved security, reduced power consumption, and faster page load times for users.
Within DFP, the deprecation was implemented in phases: warning messages, removal of the ability to upload Flash creatives, removal of the ability to edit Flash creatives, and full deprecation.
DFP support for Flash is fully deprecated as of July 3, 2017.
- You can no longer upload Flash display creatives.
- You can no longer create or update Flash creatives through the DFP API.
- You can no longer update Flash creatives through the DFP UI.
- Any existing Flash creatives have stopped serving.
- Support has ended for our Flash IMA SDK. This means that DFP no longer works on bugs or issues found in the SDK.
- Support has ended for Flash VPAID in the HTML5 SDK.