In the first quarter of 2008, we launched our State of the Internet report (which you can now access via State of the Internet | Akamai or via an App). In that report, Akamai reported the top 3 ports for attack as:
- Port 135, Microsoft RPC, with 29.66% of attacks
- Port 139, NETBIOS, with 13.27% of attacks
- Port 22, SSH, with 12.08% of attacks.
NOW, at the end of the 3rd quarter in 2014, Akamai issued the latest report, show the change as:
- Port 80, www (HTTP) at 15%
- Port 445, Microsoft-DS at 14%
- Port 23, Telnet at 10%
How are times and strategies changing for you? !