AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to handle many, complicated redirect rules with Edge Redirector?  API?

Question asked by Jim Priest on Dec 29, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2016 by B-C-1JWZ0EZ

Our current redirect solution is a bit of a mess, but it works, all done with Apache and map files.  We have thousands of redirects.

We're evaluating Edge Redirector but so far I haven't found any big benefits over using our current solution.

Typically we redirect a language subdomain to a path in our CMS (this is simple to do in Apache)

For example: it.mydomain.com/foo --> www.mydomain.com/it/bar

But to recreate this in Edge Redirector I have to setup at least 3 rules (1 to catch 'www', one to catch several language codes and one to catch a specific language code which does something different).  And doing all this in the Luna control panel is a bit of a pain.    These rules also cross various Akamai properties so I will have duplicates in some areas.

Now I'm wondering I I could leverage the API and create a simple web app on our end where a user would simple enter a TO and FROM url with some simple rule directives and I could apply the necessary logic on the backend and add the appropriate rules via the API??  Is anyone doing anything like this currently?

Thanks!

Jim

Outcomes