Yuta Suwa

Rate Activity data definition

Discussion created by Yuta Suwa on Dec 5, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2016 by Praveenkumar Athipathy

Hello,

I want to confirm the each value about the monitor "Qualified Rate Activity".

since It seemingly there's no webhelp.

1. RATE ACTIVITY

"The average requests per second (in five-minute segments) of all clients and compares them with the Rate Category's configured Average Threshold and Burst Threshold"

On my understanding, It means this graph shows spike of 5min average segment regardless of Average / Burst rate.

(Burst rate will be displayed as somewhat in calm.)

And the dot on the horizontal red dashed line stands for triggered point by Average / Burst threshold.

2. CLIENT THAT EXCEEDED (AVERAGE / BURST) THRESHOLD

The number of clients that exceeded the Rate Category's Average Threshold.Use this graph to determine if the thresholds are too low.

Since above 1. RATE ACTIVITY graph shows five-minutes average and the graph scale depends on the Time period, the Time interval might be changed(i.e. when i set one month period, Time interval will be 1 hours. sometimes it might not show dot on the Rate Activity graph. to see the detail of these case this part will be utilized)

3. CLIENT IDS EXCEEDING THRESHOLD

The specific IDs that exceeded the Rate Category's Average and/or Burst Thresholds.
Clients with "***" or "...." exhibited less than 10 hits over 2 minutes. These IDs were truncated for memory conservation.

I have no idea about the term "MAX RATE" on this section.

Is the rate shows the same calculated value on 1. RATE ACTIVITY, namely 5min average request rate for each source IPs?

Thank you.

Yuta

Outcomes