AnsweredAssumed Answered

Debug Header for Content Targeting / EdgeScape?

Question asked by Marcel Boeing on Feb 16, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 by Marcel Boeing

Hey Community,

is there an Akamai debug header that provides information about what the Edgescape header contains (which gets sent to the origin by the Edge)?

A customer came to me today with the problem that he used to get the below response header with a chrome extension , but does not do so anymore now:

[HTTP_X_AKAMAI_EDGESCAPE] => georegion=85,country_code=DE,region_code=BE,city=BERLIN,lat=52.52,long=13.40,timezone=GMT+1,continent=EU,throughput=vhigh,bw=5000,network=colt,asnum=8220,location_id=0

I checked out the extension and it apparently sends these pragma headers:

akamai-x-cache-on, akamai-x-cache-remote-on, akamai-x-check-cacheable, akamai-x-get-cache-key, akamai-x-get-extracted-values, akamai-x-get-ssl-client-session-id, akamai-x-get-true-cache-key, akamai-x-serial-no, akamai-x-get-request-id,akamai-x-get-nonces,akamai-x-get-client-ip,akamai-x-feo-trace

However, I've never noticed that EdgeScape debug response header before and using those exact headers with curl I do not get it either.

The Chrome extension hasn't been updated since April '16 BTW, so changes on that side can be ruled out.

Cheers.

Marcel

Outcomes