I have a dozen configurations using Edge Load Balancing (and GTM), and after my trip to Edge (and a change on my contract) I am migrating to the Application Load Balancer cloudlet.
I noted a few things worth improving:
Under manage load balancing setup:
- A clone function,
- A way to test the liveness test (existing in GTM),
- Allow a liveness test to accept user/password (again GTM allowed that),
- Pre-populate the data center location based on Akamai's IP database.
Property manager: Origin Server
- It should look like NetStorage (because all the HTTPS configuration are repeated in the cloudlet origin group),
- As a best practice should SureRoute be configured in each cloudlet origin?
Property Manager: Application Load Balancer Cloudlet
- When All Origins Are Down:
- Should allow fail-over to another origin,
- Should allow a variable in "Serve Static File".