I received installation links for Soasta Cloud test lite. I was trying to install it on one of the VM machines, all the memory requirements are met.
Issue we are facing the Step 4, as its VM machine over VM. we got to know that VT should be enabled through BIOS and it was enabled as below
When VMplayer is Launched, we are getting this screen and upon clicking "Play virtual Machine" it just displays Black screen and comes back to the same screen as below :
Kindly Support with the installation as we are blocked in Installation
To get started with CloudTest Lite:
Step 1. Choose a system that meets the minimum hardware requirements
For best results, choose hardware that is less than 5 years old. Older systems may have 64-bit processors, but not have support for 64-bit virtual machines, which is required.
If your hardware is an Intel PC, you must first enable [Intel VT] or [Intel Virtualization Technology] in the system BIOS/UEFI before continuing. Look in the CPU/Advanced or similar section of the BIOS menu. This How-To Geek article can help.
Additional hardware requirements:
- 4 GB RAM (CloudTest Lite virtual machine requires 2 GB)
- 20 GB free disk space
Step 2. Download and install VMware® compatible desktop software
To speed up the installation and configuration process, CloudTest Lite has been packaged into a ready-to-run VMware virtual machine image. VMware compatible desktop software is available for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X computers:
- On Microsoft Windows and Linux you can use VMware Player.
- On Mac OS X you can use VMware Fusion or Parallels.
If you are already have a virtualization environment based on VMware ESX, ESXi or vSphere, you can deploy CloudTest Lite directly to your ESX server using the Open Virtualization Archive (ova) package below.
Step 3. Download CloudTest Lite and unzip to a local drive
The CloudTest Lite virtual machine image is 2 GB (2,000 MB). Avoid downloading it over mobile data or a slow network connection for best results.
- Download the CloudTest Lite virtual machine image from this location:
- Unzip the ZIP file to a local drive. If you unzip it to an external drive (connected by USB or network), it may still work, but it will be far less responsive.
Alternately, if you plan to deploy CloudTest Lite directly onto an ESX, ESXi or vSphere environment, use the following Open Virtualization Archive (ova) package:
Step 4. Launch and activate CloudTest Lite
Use your VMware compatible software to open and play the CloudTest Lite image. For example, here are the steps for VMware Player:
- Choose Player > File > Open...
- Browse to the location where you unzipped CloudTest Lite.
- Inside the CloudTest Lite.vmwarevm folder, double-click CloudTest Lite to add it to your list of playable images.
- Click the green [Play] icon to launch CloudTest Lite.
The first time you launch CloudTest Lite, the system will do some one-time work and then you will be asked to activate using your license key. You may see several warnings in the text-based boot screens that you may disregard. After a few minutes the system will load a colorful welcome display, indicating that you are ready to do the one-time activation procedure:
- Launch a web browser to the first IP address shown on the welcome screen. (example: 192.168.1.27). The license key entry screen will appear.
- Copy your license key from this email (shown immediately below), paste it into the License Key field in the browser and click the arrow to submit.
- When the one-time activation completes successfully, you will be prompted with the User Name and Password screen. Your CloudTest Lite is now activated. Log in with the User name and Password shown below.
Step 5. Create and run your first test (use our guided tutorial)
The fastest way to begin your journey with CloudTest is the CloudTest Load Testing Tutorial (PDF). As you work through the illustrated tutorial, you will learn key concepts, record and customize business transactions (i.e. user workflows) and then launch and observe your own load tests.