TouchTest has the ability to specify grouped device agents as the location to play a given track in a composition. TouchTest users can easily specify multiple device agents for composition play by creating and selecting a "device cloud" rather than a single "device agent."
The Central >Device Clouds list shows both configured Device Clouds and Device Agents.
Device Clouds are used to group mobile devices as a device cloud, which can then be specified as the location for a track in a given test composition.
Available Device Clouds are listed separately at the bottom of the Location drop-down list in the Composition Editor.
- To select a device cloud as the track location for devices, click the drop-down per track.
- To select a device cloud at the clip level, first set Select at Clip for the parent track, and then specify the device cloud to use.
Creating a New Device Cloud
- With the Device Clouds list showing, select one or more devices to add to a Device Cloud.
- Select Central > Device Clouds and then click New (leftmost toolbar).
The New Device Cloud box appears.
- Give the new device cloud a name and click OK to complete the creation of this cloud group.
Once configured, the Device Cloud will appear in the Device Clouds list. You can add additional device agents to a device cloud by using drag-and-drop to place them into the given device cloud. A device can be in more than 1 cloud. You can remove a device agent from a device cloud by selecting it and clicking Delete on the toolbar. Note that deleting a device agent from a device cloud does not delete that device agent but only removes it from the device cloud in which it was grouped. Deleting a device agent will also delete it from all clouds to which it has been added.