As of SOASTA 57, you can record directly in the browser without installing or routing traffic through the Conductor proxy. Record activity from just the tab(s) you want, with no risk of picking up HTTP traffic from other tabs or apps such as Skype, Evernote, Dropbox, or Slack. This approach also eliminates installation, configuration, and connectivity challenges inherent to a proxy-based approach, especially where tight IT controls are in place.
The recording extension supports:
- https (including WebSockets)
Chrome Extension Version
The table below lists the latest extension version and describes changes between versions.
|1.0.8 (Current)||Case 109437: Improved handling of redirect response headers.|
|1.0.7||Recording performance improvement - Case 105166: Clip elements out of order when recording.|
|1.0.6||Resolved issues with large response contents and sequencing.|
|1.0.4 + 1.0.5||Resolved issues with large response contents and sequencing.|
|1.0.3||Resolved some issues with large response contents.|
|1.0.2||Stability enhancements and bug fixes.|
|1.0.1||Stability enhancements and bug fixes.|
The HTTP Recorder requires using the Chrome Browser. To get started, launch CloudTest within Chrome, and then proceed with the instructions below.
HTTP Recording Wizard
Begin a recording from Central using Chrome to get started. If the extension is not already present, the Chrome Store will provide you with a link.
- With CloudTest open in the Chrome browser, click Clips > create new to launch the Clip Editor.
- Click the Record drop-down.
- Select Record HTTP.
- If you have the Chrome extension already installed, skip to Step 4. If you do not have the Chrome extension, you will be directed to the Chrome Web Store link. In the Web Store, click Add To Chrome, and the Extension will be downloaded and installed automatically. You have to accept the permissions.
- You can verify the installation of the extension by going to chrome://extensions in your Chrome Browser. This extension is similar to the following:
- Once installed, you can use the extension to record immediately. Go back to the wizard you were on and click next to begin recording. If you cannot record, try reloading your page.
- Choose Extension Recording.
- Click Next.
- Select the tab(s) you want to record, such as 'New Tab' and click Record.
- A box with the message "SOASTA CloudTest Recording Extension is debugging this browser" will appear on all your Chrome tabs. Debugging is necessary for the recording process. It does not obscure content at the top of the screen. You can turn this message off by turning "on" the "silent debugging" in your browser. If you close this message (and do not have silent debugging) the recording will stop.
- After you finish your recordings, click Stop Recording from the Record drop-down.