Users can now create Cloud Provider Accounts, and launch Grids and RSDBs for the QingCloud vendor. QingCloud provides data centers in the U.S., Africa, Asia Pacific, and Europe.
Setup QingCloud as a Cloud Provider
Use the following steps to enter your valid QingCloud credentials as a CloudTest Pro Cloud Provider Account
- Select Central > Cloud Provider Accounts and then click New to launch the Cloud Provider Account dialog box
- Enter a name for the new cloud provider account. This name is used in locations and also appears in the Cloud Provider Account drop-down in the Grid Manager
- Change the Type drop-down to QingCloud”.
- Enter the QingCloud Access Key ID
- Enter the Secret Access Key and then enter it in the Confirm Secret Access Key field a second time.
- Optionally, configure an access control list in the Cloud Provider Account box in CloudTest. Refer to Cloud Provider Accounts for additional Access Control List steps.
- Click OK to complete configuration of this Cloud Provider Account
The completed item appears in the Cloud Provider Accounts list in Central
When the Cloud Provider Account is saved, a new set of locations for QingCloud will be automatically created, if they do not already exist.
These locations must be specified during Grid Manager configuration of grids (as described below)
TFor more information about Locations, refer to Using Locations
Additionally, CloudTest creates all of the Server Classes supported by the QingCloud vendor.
QingCloud Server Instance TypesThe following SOASTA server instance types map to the following QingCloud configurations
SOASTA Instance Type
8 GB total RAM and 2 CPU cores
16 GB total RAM and 4 CPU cores
16 GB of RAM and 2 CPU cores
32 GB of RAM and 4 CPU cores
64 GB of RAM and 8 CPU cores
8 GB of RAM and 8 CPU cores
16 GB of RAM and 8 CPU cores
These Server Instance Types can be used in either Results Server or Test Server instances
Launching Test Servers using QingCloud
Once a QingCloud Provider Account has been created for use with CloudTest, you are ready to create a grid that will provision servers via that cloud vendor
Creating a Grid using QingCloud
- Select Central > Grids and then click New. The Grid Manager appears with Step 1 General displayed.
- Select the SOASTA product to which the grid pertains, which in this case is CloudTest.
- Enter a Grid Name, and optionally, enter a description and a repository location for the new grid, and then click the right arrow
The Step 2 Server Instances page appears.
- Change the Location” drop-down to one of defined QingCloud locations. For example, QingCloud Asia-Pacific 1 (Hong Kong) (shown in the first location above) or QingCloud China Beijing 1 (shown in the second location above)
- Optionally, specify additional locations such as the QingCloud China Quangdong 1 location (or a second Beijing location that uses a different combination of results and test servers.
- Specify the number of Test Server instances, and then optionally, define Results Server Instances. For most cases, the default One for every 50 Test Serverinstancesis acceptable for result servers
- If you wish to combine the QingCloud servers from one location with servers from another location (or even with other cloud providers), click the Add a Location box and make the appropriate selection(s). Otherwise, click the right arrow icon to proceed
The Step 3 Summary and Deploy Tear Down page appears. Click the Deploy Instances button to begin launching servers.