Result Databases provide the ability to store results in the cloud. This precludes the need to write results “down” from a cloud-based grid to the appliance. Results can be exported for later appliance use, when necessary.
In CloudTest Pro configurations, an additional Result Databases node appears in Central > Server Resources.
Result databases can be created, defined, and then deployed to mounted volumes in the cloud.
The creation of a second results database in CloudTest Pro will result in additional fields for user selection in the Monitors dialog box, in the Composition Editor, and in Grid Manager.
When Central > Server Resources > Result Databases is selected, the Result Databases list shows all currently configured CloudTest Result Databases—both local and in the cloud.
For CloudTest pro end-users, a Result Database can be specified both in the Composition Editor > Properties > Play Settings tab and during Monitor configuration.
The following Result Database columns are listed: Name, Server, Location (if any), Volume (Local or the mounted volume specified in the Result Database Configuration dialog), Last Launched (the date this was result database was last deployed), Last Stopped, and Default (the default database gets a green check mark).
- Select Central > Data Services, and then click New.
- The Results Database Configuration box appears with the General tab in display.
Define all of the following results database General fields:
Provide a Results Database name (this will appear in the Central > Result Databases list).
Provide a configured location of the correct cloud type for this results database. Use Central > Locations if such a location doesn’t yet exist.
- Description (optional)
Optionally, describe the results database.
Currently, only EC2 is supported for cloud-based result databases.
- Cloud Provider Account
Select one of the Cloud Provider Accounts configured in the Central > Cloud Provider Accounts node.
If the CPA has a zone it is displayed for informational purposes.
- Volume (required)
Specify the volume to use from among configured volumes. For example, vol-684c3501. Null appears if none are configured.
Note: If no volume has been created for the CPA, Amazon EC2, refer to Setting up An Amazon EC2 Account for steps.
- Security Group
Specify the security group by name if one exists for the current selection.
- Click the Advanced tab to review the following additional options. SOASTA recommends using the default for all Advanced tab settings. Only experienced users should modify these settings.
- Pending Timeout
Specify the amount of time in seconds before a pending server request times out
- Allocation Max Retries
Specify the maximum number of times to retry allocating
- Allocation Retry Delay
Specify the delay in seconds between retries
- Check Server Max Retries
Specify the maximum retries to check a server
- Check Server Retry Delay
Specify the delay in seconds between checking a server
- Allow Extra-Large Servers
Check this box to allow extra-large servers
- Automatically Monitor Database
This box is checked by default. When checked, a monitor is setup to monitor the Results Database itself.
- Automatically Delete Monitors
When checked, the Results Database monitor is deleted per session.
- Click Save after making all the desired configuration selections. Once the result database is saved, an additional button appears.
- Optionally, click Set as Default Results Database is this database will be the default for all users.
Deployment of a results database will create that database in the cloud via the cloud provider account credentials provided, and with the specified characteristics (e.g. server class, region/zone) on the specified volume.
- Create a new or open an existing results database.
- Save the results database configuration.
- When ready, click Deploy Instances to start the result database’s deployment process. The Status Log shows feedback as the deployment begins.
Note: After the results database is created and then deployed, it is specified prior to runtime using the Grid Manager > Summary and Deploy / Tear Down page, Grid Monitor Database drop-down.