A playlist is a list of Test Compositions that plays sequentially by order. Playlists serve the same purpose as playlists in digital music applications.
The Playlists can be found at the bottom of the Central list. You can add one or more compositions to the playlist or even another playlist. The playlist, like any other object in SOASTA CloudTest can also be called from a script.
When a playlist is selected, right-click and select Play from the context menu to play all of its contents.
The playlist fires in the order of the items listed within it. The runtime progress of the playlist can be checked in the Central > Player status.
As with completed results, the test is evaluated in terms of success or failure.
Create a New Playlist
- Select and right-click Central > Playlists. A context menu appears.
- Select New Playlist. A playlist is added to the list with the default name New Playlist and the entry field is highlighted.
- Type a new name for the playlist and press Enter.
If the playlist is not visible after doing so, click the arrow next to the Playlists icon until the playlist appears.
- To add test compositions to this playlist, first Select Central > Test Compositions, and then select one or more test compositions.
- Drag and drop the selection(s) onto the new playlist.
- With the playlist selected, right-click and select Play from the context menu.
The Playlist fires in the order of the items listed within it. As with completed results, the test is evaluated in terms of success or failure in the Player Status list.