Setting System Properties for the Composition and Its Elements
- First, click the Properties tab in the lower toolbar to display the Property Type tree. A list of composition objects appears on the lower left.
System properties for the given composition can be set here. Properties can be set for the following components:
- Set a band name and description, as well as whether errors should fail the band or be recorded only
- Set a track name, specify a Maestro location (see Specifying Maestro Locations and Play Options), repeat count (virtual users) (see Setting Repeats On Tracks and Test Clips, minutes to ramp and start interval (see Changing Message Timing (for Manually Timed Test Clips), as well as whether errors should fail the track or be recorded only
- Test Clip(s)
- Define composition-level system properties for this target (see Targets, Target Types, and Target Options), including user credentials, URLs and hosts, service paths, ports, SSL and other settings
Setting Composition, Band, or Track Custom Properties:
Composition, band and track custom properties can be set from the Property list.
- First, click the Properties tab in the lower toolbar to display the Property Type tree.
- In the Property Explorer > Property Type list, click the Band or Track node, and then click the Custom tab on the right.
To set custom properties for targets and test clips, see the Target Editor and Clip Editor, respectively.