SOASTA CloudTest can integrate with CA Wily Introscope 9.0.x and 8.2.x.
- In order to access CA Wily Introscope data from SOASTA CloudTest, the CloudTest server must be able to access the Introscope Enterprise Manager directly. Refer to Monitoring a Server behind a Firewall for instructions if the server is not directly accessible.
Additional Prerequisites for 8.2.x
- For version 8.2.x, the Introscope Integration SDK must be installed into Enterprise Manager (using the instructions below). For more information about obtaining the Integration SDK, please contact CA directly.
- In some versions of the Integration SDK, the initial configuration must be modified as well. To test if this is necessary, browse to the
/introscope-web-services/servicesURL (for example,
http://emhostname:8081/introscope-web-services/services). If this displays a page with the heading “And now... Some Services”, then the configuration is correct and no further steps are necessary. However, if the error “No realm” is displayed, then the configuration needs to be modified as follows:
- Stop Enterprise Manager if it is running.
- Delete the <EM_HOME>/work directory and then re-create it (so it's empty).
- cd <EM_HOME>/webapps
- Extract the introscope-web-services.war file that was included in the SDK using a program that can read ZIP files. This may require temporarily renaming the file to something like
This can be done from the command line:
unzip introscope-web-services.war WEB-INF/web.xml
- Open the file
WEB-INF/web.xmlin a text editor such as vi and then use
- Find the following line:
- And change it to:
- Save the file and exit.
- Re-pack the introscope-web-services.war file and re-deploy to the webapps sub-directory of the Enterprise Manager installation. For example, using
zip -u introscope-web-services.war WEB-INF/web.xml
- Start Enterprise Manager.
Once CA Wily Introscope integration is complete, refer to Creating an External Data Source for instructions to add your Introscope data to CloudTest.