Results can be specified, or selected, for both dashboards and (separately) for selected widgets by selecting result items in either the Widget Selection Panel’s Dashboard Data or Widget Data sections.
Specifying Dashboard-Level Results
Result selection at the dashboard-level is performed within the Dashboard Data section.
- With a dashboard open, and the Widget Selection Panel toggled on, expand the Dashboard Data section.
- Use “Most recent from this composition” to display the last test result from a composition’s dashboard (e.g. Composition Editor > Play or Results tabs).
- "Use Other Compositions" to select from results for compositions. Click the arrow to expand a composition’s node in this list.
For a composition dashboard, the current result selection applies. If the composition has not been played, then “No Result Selected” displays.
- Optionally, expand Other Compositions to apply result items from any composition to the dashboard. Results can additionally filtered via the use of relative time ranges that filter the result’s time range.
Specifying Widget-Level Results
Result selection at the widget-level is performed within the Widget Data section in combination with any selected widget in a dashboard.
- With a dashboard open, and the Widget Selection Panel toggled on, expand the Widget Data section.
- "Use the Dashboard Data selection" is used to select or restore the result selection from the Dashboard Data section above.
- "Use Other Compositions" to select from results for the selected widget. Click the arrow to expand a composition’s node in this list.
- Select the widget by clicking its title bar. The blue widget selection border appears.
- Locate the result item to apply. Use Other Compositions to select from results for the selected widget. Click the arrow to expand a composition’s node in this list.
- While the widget is selected, click any result to apply it.
Specify a Result for an External Data Chart or Dashboard
One or more widgets must be added to a dashboard for the following steps to work.
- Open the dashboard either from Central > Dashboards, or, from the Composition Editor > Play tab.
- Toggle on the Widget Selection Panel.
- Click to expand the Dashboard Data section to specify a result for the entire dashboard.
In cases where “No Data” appears on one or more widgets, no information is available based on either the result selection or a time range controller. No Data also appears when the selected composition is playing but has not yet posted results.
- Optionally, click to expand Widget Data to apply a result to a selected widget.
When applying a result to a widget, first select that widget to display the blue selection border. Click a second time to de-select a widget. When no widgets are selected, the result selection applies to the entire dashboard.
Note: For dashboards associated with a test composition, “No Result Selected” also displays when “Most recent from this composition” is selected and the composition is playing.
- Once result selection is successful, any data is charted.