Extraction can be performed on any HTTP header, such as the Content-Type header using the following steps. For example, to show metrics about content within a given test. For HTTP response headers, it is not necessary to add anything to the target as was done in the Akamai example. This is because the Content-Type header is typically already automatically present in any HTTP response.
- To add a property set, select the Property Sets node and click the Plus icon to add a new Property Sets form to the message.
- Change “The value of this field” from the default Field to Header.
- Enter the HTTP response header name whose value you want to extract. For example, Content-Type.
- In the “Will be stored in this property” section of the form, ensure that Type is set to Custom.
- Change Starting Element to “CurrentMessage”.
- Enter a property path as a name for the custom property. This name will appear as a node in Property Value widgets with the response values shown. For example, Content-Type.
- For this example, set the Starting Element to Current Message so that analytics are created for each message.
- In the Automatic Creation drop-down, select “Create and save value in analytics.”
- Save the target after making these changes.