SOASTA Central includes a reporting facility, Central > Report Templates, which can be used to template, and then to export, usable test results into a Microsoft Word "docx," or in SOASTA 53 or later, into an HTML file. Report templates provide a format that places, and makes available for wider use, the charts that CloudTest uses to present test results.
To customize a template, select the template format (DOCX or HTML in SOASTA 53 or later) and then click Download Report Template Source in the lower panel to download and revise the template.
Importing a DOCX or HTML Template
- With Report Templates selected, click New to bring up the Import Report Template dialog box.
- Select the DOCX or HTML file to import and click OK.
The new report template appears in the flat list along with the two default templates.
- To create a report based upon a template, first select one or more results from the Compositions list.
- Right-click to choose the Create a New Report command.
When you do so, the Create a New Report dialog box appears. The default widgets are automatically selected.
- Select an item in the Report Templates list. To create a report based upon your custom template, select it instead of either of the default templates.
- Optionally, check or uncheck boxes in the Widgets referenced in the selected template section of the Widgets list.
- Optionally, check additional widgets in the All other widgets section of the Widgets list.
- Specify the Test Type as either Load, General, or Custom. Refer to Play Mode and Results Logging if you're not familiar with CloudTest test types.
- Optionally, for larger tests, specify the max number of rows to report.
- Click OK after making the necessary selections. The report is created and the browser download dialog box appears. Save the report for later viewing or choose the program with which to open it.
Note: If user prompts are present in the selected template, then the given fields will appear in the report as well. Refer to the User Input Capture section in the Report Template Reference.
Creating a Report Using Composition Overview
You can create a report by logging into your CloudTest instance and clicking Compositions on the leftmost panel. In your list of Compositions, double-click your Composition and select Create a New Report.
When the Create a New Report dialog will appears, choose between a MS Word or HTML report template. In the Widgets section, expand All Other Widgets > Functional, and then select Compositions Overview.