Too many hits to pages/assets that don't exist? Akamai can help!
If you have a lot of hits to pages or assets on your hostnames that do not exist, you might want to set up a simple rule in your delivery configuration and let Akamai serve out a 404 (or different response code) for you. This will help offload the amount of hits on your origin and keep potential bulk requests away from your infrastructure.
- Create a new version of your delivery configuration
- Add a new Rule (Add Rule > Blank Rule)
- Add the IF statement and add which filenames you want to exclude (e.g. wp-login.php)
- Add the behavior Construct Response as mentioned below
- Save, Push to Staging, Test and Push to Production
Now Akamai will serve a 404 for these requests and keep them away from your origin!